More Places to Visit
Riverside Canoes is proud to be located in beautiful Benzie County, inside the Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. We’re lucky to be surrounded by natural beauty with plenty of hiking, biking, beaches and trails to explore. If your visit to our area allows time for exploration we’d recommend you check out the following attractions and local businesses.
Frankfort Lighthouse & Pier
- At the end of Main Street you’ll find the Frankfort beach and the channel that leads from Betsie Bay in Lake Michigan.
- It’s a popular destination for fishing, walking the beach and a great place to watch the sunset.
Sleeping Bear Dunes Visitors Center
- This museum, gift shop and visitor center has exhibits, special events and rangers onsite to help you make the most of a visit to the National Lakeshore.
- A 22 mile trail stretches from Frankfort through Elberta, and Beulah all the way to Thompsonville.
- Perfect for bikes and walking, with sections paved.
- Pets on a leash welcome on most of the trail.